Rod of Flame And Other 'Ventures
“Layer upon layer make your mark now… Haste!”Class Traits:
- Role: Controller.
- Power Source: Arcane.
- Key Abilities: Intelligence, Charisma, Constitution
- Armor Proficiencies: Cloth
- Weapon Proficiencies: Dagger, Quarterstaff
- Implements: Rods, staffs
- Bonus to Defense: +2 Will
- Hit Points at 1st Level: 10 + Con score
- Hit Points per Level Gained: 4
- Healing Surges per day: 6 + Con modifier
Trained Skills: Arcana. From the class skills list below, choose three more trained skills at 1st level. Diplomacy (Cha), History (Int), Insight (Wis), Nature (Wis), Perception (Wis), Religion (Int)
Time Mages, much like Wizards, tap into the natural arcane power that lies dormant in the universe; however, in keeping with their name, Time Mages specialize in magic that warps the very nature of time and space. Being a Time Mage requires an exquisite amount of intellect, as well as a commanding spirit; understanding the very fibre of time is a daunting task alone, but to move them by force of will can be equally challenging. A Time Mage also makes good use of his bodily vitality. Without some natural hardiness, the effects of such reality-bending magic can be rather strenuous. Finally, if a truly practical use is needed, a Time Mage’s worth is bolstered by the fact that he or she can double as a clock; Time Mages can keep excellent track of time, and as such always know exactly what time of day it is.
Note: A 21st-level Time Mage qualifies for the Archmage epic destiny.
Time Mage Class Features:
- Swiftness: As a result of their expertise, Time Mages excel at reacting more quickly than others. They gain a +2 bonus to initiative rolls.
- Ritual Casting: You gain the Ritual Caster feat as a bonus feat.
- Spellbook: A Time Mage automatically possesses a spellbook in which to keep his/her daily spells, utility spells, and rituals. HOWEVER, you begin with only one mastered 1st-level ritual of your choice, and you do not learn any additional rituals as you gain levels. Note that Time Mages do not gain additional daily or utility spells in the way that Wizards do.
- Implements: Implements function the same for Time Mages as they do for Wizards, though Time Mages only wield staffs and rods, and do not possess the Arcane Implement Mastery class feature.
- Time Mastery: Once per encounter, when wielding an implement, a Time Mage can push one of his spells forward in time, so that it occurs on the start of his next turn. You cast the spell as a minor action and choose the primary target or origin square as normal. The target of a ranged or melee spell remains as that target, regardless of whether the target is still in range. However, an area or close spell’s origin does not change, regardless of whether the creatures targeted by it move out, or if new creatures move in. Personal spells or spells that are immediate actions cannot be affected by this ability.
- Bonus At-Will: Every Time Mage knows the basics of altering Time to their benefit. You may choose either Haste or Slow as an extra at-will power. You can still choose the other as normal.